Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Mathematics IV- Syllabus (Calculus)
Topic for the week Aug 1-5, 2011
media arts class video output
Analyze the following problems.
If a square of side (3x-7y)m, what would be the effect on its enclosed area if (2y)m is added to one side and (12y)m to the other side?
Is (2x-3)2 = (3-2x)2? Explain why or why not. If someone does not understand the rules on finding special products, what problem will he encounter? Why do you think so?
Explain or illustrate how one can find square of 41 and 53 using the square of a sum of two terms?
Explain or illustrate how one can find square of 39 and 58using the square of the difference of two terms?
What problems will your encounter if you are not familiar with the types of special products?
1. A square garden has a side of (x+7y)m. What would be the effect on its area if the length of each side is doubled? Halved? Explain.
2. A rectangular lot measures (5w+3z)cm by (5w-3z)cm. If (2w) cm is added to both dimensions, how is the area affected? Explain.
3. Using models, present a problem solving plan that will make use of the concept on special products.
4. Write a journal about the rules on finding special products. Send it to your classmate who was absent during our discussion of the topic through a letter, email, etc. Submit a copy of the journal.
5. Create a real life situation involving the concept on special products.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"